Sunday, January 22, 2012

Catching Fire

Catching Fire
Suzanne Collins
391 Pages
Published September 1st 2009 by Scholastic Press

Rated it: 4 Stars



Where to even begin? There is so much I want to discuss about this book, but yet I do not want to spoil the book for those who have not read it. Let's just that I LOVE this series, but this one took awhile to build up and started out kind of slow. This book has so many twists and turns in it, and that freaking love triangle, ugh! I hate love triangles with a passion. But yet, I can see why. Peeta and Gale are impossibly hard to choose! In this book you learn a lot more about Gale who is now working in the mines in District 12. Katniss still goes hunting with him on Sundays but that is the only day she sees him. She helps keeps Gale's family fed by bringing them food back when she hunts. But things start changing in District 12 and the Peacekeepers are keeping an eye out on them and everyone. You also learn some more about District 13, which I was hoping would be discussed in this book. I wanted to know why it was destroyed. This year for the games, Peeta and Katniss are once again chosen to go back into the arena along with others who have won previously. This is when I get angry, I'm thinking WHY?! They possibly can not get out this round can they?? The President is all about destroying Katniss, due to all the uprisings in the districts, and of course the rebellion mockingjay symbol. The end is such a cliffhanger, but good thing I have the next book ready. On to Mockingjay! Catching Fire has betrayal, twists, and has you on the edge.

“I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now and live in it forever.”


1 comment:

  1. I have had this complete series in my TBR pile forever..I have no idea why it keeps getting shuffled to the bottom...so many books so little time :( Great review ..you reminded me why I bought them. I am hoping to read them soon.

    ReplyDelete