Thursday, January 26, 2012

Catching Jordan

Catching Jordan
Catching Jordan
Miranda Kenneally
Kindle Edition, 288 pages
Published December 1st 2011 by Sourcebooks Fire
Rated it: 4 Stars

“One thing I learned a long time ago is that even if you think you're meant to be with someone, that doesn't necessarily mean you get to be with them.”
This book was pretty amazing! I loved the characters in the book except for a few. I am a huge football fanatic, so of course I was fully engrossed. And also I like the fact that UT was mentioned a lot in the book, since I am only an hour away from Knoxville ( not a UT fan though ;) ).
Jordan is a senior in high school and the quarter back for Hundred Oaks High. Her dream is to play for Alabama and she has this countdown until she has a tour of the campus. She is super excited but worries about her position possibly being taken away by a new player, Tyler Green. Her best friend is Sam Henry aka Henry, they have been friends for ten years and they do everything together, he even spends the night more than he does his own house. But drama ignites when she starts dating Ty. I hated whenever she started dating Ty, he seems a little controlling and short tempered.
Her dad annoyed me throughout the book though. He is a NFL player and her brother plays at UT, but yet the father will not come and see her games nor talk about football with her. Later on in the book though he finally wises up and watches a few games and helps her with some college choices that turn out to be the best.
I love the relationship and chemistry that Jordan and Henry share. I just hated when they stopped talking and he kept hooking up with all these girls. But in the end he also wised up and they made up.
I was hooked from the beginning to the end, I wish it finished a little better though. But overall, it was a great read, with a touch of romance.                     

“But what happens when you don't find that right person? Do you just spend the rest of your life in a relationship where the conversation isn't great, everything isn't perfect, but it is nice and sweet?”   

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED THIS BOOK!! But, I did have a few issues with it. The dad was one. If he cared so much about Jordan he would have let her know, instead of just never coming to her games. He would have told her why he couldn't go, etc.

    Then I don't understand why so much time was spent on the Ty relationship if it wasn't going to last. It would have been better to not spend so much time on it, and move on to the Sam Henry relationship. I'd have liked that MUCH better. I just don't see the point on spending all that time on Ty?!

    ReplyDelete