Friday, January 20, 2012

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games
Susanne Collins
374 pages
Published October 1st 2008 by Scholastic, Inc

Rated it: 5 stars




This book was amazing- I loved it! I was kind of skeptical about it at first, but as it went on I could not put it down and was so drawn into the book. I really started getting into the book in part two when the fighting started happening. Susanne Collins does a terrific job at keeping the reader interested.
The Hunger Games is about a girl named Katniss who lives with her mother and her sister Prim. Her father died in a coal mine explosion and Katniss is to help hunt for food and helps take care of her younger sister. Her close friend Gale also helps her with the food and they split what they kill. They are very close friends but she tells in the story that she will never marry or have children due to the circumstances. Every year the Capitol has all twelve districts take part in the Hunger Games, and if you win you are pretty much set in life. They choose two people from each, guy and girl ages ranging from 12-18. When Prim's name appears in the drawing Katniss takes her place. Then it starts getting real good. It talks about the prep before the games and how she learns more about Peeta who is also from District 12. Peeta and Katniss are to act in love to cause more drama. But is it an act?

Let the games begin!

I highly recommend reading this book, if you have not already.

“Remember, we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it.”

btw.. TEAM PEETA

Have a great weekend, and happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kayla, interesting review. I'm still in the "sceptical" group, I guess I'll soon be the only YA fan who hasn't read this, but it just sounds too dark and violent for my taste, and I'm already neck deep in books I'm actually anxious to read. It's funny though, I've still not heard of anyone who read these and didn't get caught up in them, especially my friends (live and Goodreads) who loved Harry Potter and Twilight, so maybe I should just get with the program. It certainly sounds like you're enjoying the series. Plus, I hate seeing a movie when I haven't read the book first - it's like going to a concert when you don't know the band's songs, it's fun but not the same. Anyhoo, thanks for letting me ramble, your blog is looking gorgeous, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete