Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Matched by Allie Condie

MATCHED

Allie Condie

Rated it: 3 Stars

Matched (Matched, #1)
  • 366 pages
  • Young Adult, Dystopia
  • Published November 30, 2010

Goodreads description:
Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.


My Review:
I had heard such great things from this book and I had to get my hands on it and read it. I am a tad bit late considering its now 2012, but I had to read this. In my opinion it was an okay read, but I really do not see the "hype" about this book. Towards the end it started getting more interesting, and I probably will end up buying the next one.

The story tells how Cassia is going to be matched on her seventeenth birthday. The Society chooses who is the perfect match for you, and pretty much everything you do. Now I don't want to spoil the book and just come out and say who is her match. But after the matching another guy pops up on her micro card. From then on there is a love "triangle" and she ends up breaking some rules.

If you have an interest in YA Dystopia and love triangles, then this is for you. And like I said earlier in the post, I will continue on with the series, just to see what happens! All in all it was a good read, but it could have been better.



1 comment:

  1. Glad to know someone echoes my thoughts. I too didn't find anything much in Matched to hype over.

    ReplyDelete