Sunday, February 19, 2012

I've Got Your Number

I've Got Your Number
Sophie Kinsella

I've Got Your Number: A Novel
Hardcover, 448 pages
Published February 14th 2012 by The Dial Press

RATED IT: 5 STARS

I could not wait to start this book, I went out and bought it when it released. This book was everything I thought it would be. I've Got Your Number was a hilarious, page turning read. I literally could not put this down.

The MC is Poppy Wyatt who loses her engagement ring that is a family heirloom. To make matters worse she loses her phone, the number that she gave everyone in case they found her ring. But can you believe she found a phone right outside in a bin? Poppy ends up taking the phone that use to belong to Sam Roxton's PA Violet, who quit to model.

Sam is a successful businessman and ends up helping Poppy by making a fake ring to even helping her cheat in scrabble. Sam is confident, not much of a chatter, and serious. Poppy's future hubby Magnus Tavish is extremely intelligent, along with his entire family. They all have serious book smarts and even wrote a couple of books. Poppy feels out of place and a little insecure.

Sam and Poppy end up sharing the phone, she is always forwarding his emails that she receives on the phone in order to keep it until her ring shows up. They do text a lot and she even helps him with his business, when a crisis hits. Magnus and Poppy end up having a few differences, is it something to not worry about or just end up going along with the wedding?

This book has a lot of footnotes, which I did not really like. After I would read something I would have to skip down to see what she meant and then find my place again up top. Some footnotes are pretty funny though. There were some scenes in the book that I just wanted to smack Poppy, going through Sam's emails and then the thing with Magnus. But overall I loved this book!



No comments:

Post a Comment