Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature by The Broke and the Bookish . This week's theme is Top Ten You'd Hand to Someone Who Says They Don't Like to Read.




My List


 
The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset

Harry Potter Boxed Set (Harry Potter, #1-6)

The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings

The Chronicles of Narnia (#1-7)


The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection From The Living Dead



The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: The Complete Collection

I can not think of any more at the moment. So what's on your list?

Happy Reading

4 comments:

  1. I loved half of these and the others are on my TBR! Great collection of stories.

    Like to visit my Top Ten? http://epiphanyrenee.blogspot.com/2012/02/top-ten-books-youd-hand-to-someone-who.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all really good choices, some of the best reads of all time, for sure! One book that I think would appeal to non-readers is Will Grayson, Will Grayson, by John Green and David Levithan. Funny, contemporary, kind of short, off-beat. Another book that I think I'd try is The Truth About Forever, by Sarah Dessen. I dunno, maybe that would be a tough sell for a guy, but I can't imagine a girl (and lots of guys) who wouldn't enjoy it. Last but not least, I notice that Twilight didn't make your list? That pulled in lots of non-readers, and the first one is pretty darn hard to put down. That's way short of ten, but hopefully it's enough to get our non-reader started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally forgot about Twilight, your right a lot of nonreaders read those. Good thinking Fred. And yet another book I need to add to my TBR- Will Grayson. I never even heard of it I do not think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, there, Kayla!

    Thanks for commenting on my "On My Bookshelves" post! I greatly appreciate it!!

    I LOVE all of your picks except for "The Zombie Survival Guide". I'm not much of a fan of zombies... But OMG!!!! You have Harry Potter, and LOTR, and Narnia!!!!! AND "The Hunger Games", and "The Siserhood"!!!! TERRIFIC way to get somebody to start reading!! KUDOS for your choices!!

    BTW, I'm having a Valentine's Day Giveaway tomorrow. One lucky winner will get to choose from 4 YA bestsellers!! Hope you join in!

    Happy Valentine's Day!!! : )

    ReplyDelete