Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wings

Wings
Aprilynne Pike

Wings (Wings, #1)


Hardcover, 294 pages
Published May 1st 2009 by Harper Teen
Rated it: 4 Stars
I started this book and read a couple chapters and I was thinking, "I am not going to like this book, it's starting off a little bit slow." But then the book started building up and I could not put it down. I do not normally read  faerie books but this was a pretty good book.
The MC is Laurel, who has been home schooled her entire life until her mom and dad thinks that she should start going to public school. She moves from their cabin to the city, where her dad owns a bookstore. There she meets David, who is your overall nice guy and she starts hanging out with him everyday.
Laurel has consisdered herself a little different than the rest, she eats different mostly fruits and veggies and can not tolerate "real" food. No matter the temperature, she is always wearing a tank top and loves the cool air. And far as she can remember she has not even bled. Skip toward a little, things start happening to her and she confides in her best friend David to help, and pretty much becomes his "science project".
She returns to her cabin and finds herself in front of this stunning male, Tamani. He has all the answers that she has been wanting to know and ends up telling her that she is a  faerie. Tamani ends up telling Laurel that her mother and father must not sell the land to help keep the land safe. Can she keep the land safe and will it put her parents at risk?
There is a love triangle in this book, lots of twists, and suspense. It was a fast read and Wings is a series. I do plan on reading the other books. Pike writes in a style that is easy to follow and easy to read. I do recommend this book, especially for those of you who like fanstasy books.

3 comments:

  1. It is good to hear that this ends up being a good story. I own it and have been wanting to read it, but I have read through the first chapter and decided to go back to it later. I will definitely give it another try. Thanks for the review.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one. So were you Team Tamani by the end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! I can not wait to read the rest in the series! TEAM TAMANI

    ReplyDelete