Thursday, April 12, 2012

Review: How to Date an Alien


How to Date an Alien
How to Date an Alien by Magan Vernon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I won this book through goodreads and I must say that it is an excellent read.

Alex the MC is trying to get into Columbia University, but is lacking some extracurricular activities. She decides to take on an internship at her dads "military base Circe", which she comes to find out aliens are working with humans. She is just blown away when she arrives and even is attacked upon arriving. However, like a knight in shining armor, Ace comes to the rescue.

Ace is an alien, and a Caltian at that. Which you learn are like the "jocks" of high school. Alex is drawn to Ace and ends up being his partner working at the base. Relationships between humans and aliens is against the rules, but that does not stop these two star crossed lovers. Things start to hit the fan when Ace and Alex start dating. People are trying to keep them away, but they end up going through a big mess to save each other’s lives. This book has a mix of a Romeo & Juliet vibe to it.


This overall is a good book; I love the way that Magan Vernon wrote and some of the things she came up with to just help get that "mental picture". I am sure I have never read an alien based book, but I am always up to reading something new. I decided to try it and loved it. Can not wait to read the next book in this series!




View all my reviews

1 comment: