Sunday, May 6, 2012

Review: The Maze Runner


The Maze Runner
The Maze Runner by James Dashner

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



"Holy Shuck" this book was pretty awesome. The Maze Runner just became another favorite of mine. Couple of pages in and I was hooked and could not put it down.

Thomas the MC wakes up in a box inside the "Glade" with no memory at all. When the box opens other boys surround him and they come off as "bitter" at the beginning. Some have been there for years and have learned to keep schedule in order to survive. Thomas wants answers but only gets short replies, which the others have no clue what is going on either. The next day after Thomas arrived, a girl arrives. Say what?! She is the only girl to show up, and the guys are finding it odd. People are blaming Thomas for all of this. From then on things start to change and gets a little crazy.

Can they survive and make it through the maze alive?

This book has many twists and turns, that will keep you hooked. There is never a "boring" moment in this book, I felt like he kept the action going. Some people do not like how the author writes and his "slang" but honestly, it did not bother me. Another thing I liked is the author’s imagination. How he came up and described the "Grievers” is just awesome and creepy at the same time.

I highly recommend this book if you have not read it. I cannot wait until the second book; the ending is just a shocker and a major cliffhanger!

“You are the shuckiest shuck faced shuck in the world!”




View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I love this book! I liked the second one best though!
    http://lottielovesreading.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete