Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Review: The Unquiet


The Unquiet
The Unquiet by Jeannine Garsee

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Meet the main character Rinn, she is bipolar but is now managing to keep it under control. Her grandma died in a house fire and now her parents are splitting up, which Rinn blames herself. Rinn and her mother end up leaving California and heads to a small town that her mother grew up in. On the first day of school, she hears about the school being haunted near the tunnel/pool area, and is eager to get all the details. She soon learns that she is living in the house of the dead girl’s grandmother who ended up hanging herself. However, she still wants to live there? (If that was me I would be packing up my bags and running towards the nearest exist!) Things end up getting weirder the longer they stay in the house and people who sneak into the tunnel area alone never come out the same.

I enjoyed this book, there were moments were I would get "paranoid" and pull the covers up closer to me. It is a little creepy, well I think so anyways. I stayed up very late to finish this book, the ending is so bizarre, and such a major shock that I could not put it down.

At the end of the book, the author ends it by saying that she got the whole idea from a school she went to and people claimed the tunnel was haunted, to me I thought that was very interesting and how she ended up writing about the story.

I do recommend this book, it comes out July 17th, 2012! Check it out.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment